jcwords

Howdy! Welcome to my page radical people

Blog Post #1 338

Hello,

My name is Jorja and I am going into my second year. I am planning to study Geography. I am from Waterloo, Ontario and very glad I made the decision to move out west. I was planning to go to the states for a soccer scholarship ever since I was little but then I felt like that wasn’t the path for me anymore so I quit soccer. But being prepared to move far away from a young age helped me with this transition. Something that interests me about social media and personalized learning is how vastly social media has adapted over the years so I thought this course could be fitting to learn more. When I was younger social media didn’t axist in the way it does now. Now we can connect and share through many different platforms in many different forms to people all over the world. Even now people have become “famous” through these different platforms and it is now how they make their source of income. I use digital tools in my learning in many different ways. Just like this course I’m taking, I’ve used digital tools for many online classes, note-taking, e-books, language learning, etc. Digital tools are more present in our life now then they were years ago and they will continue to grow and develop. My understanding of digital literacy and its importance in education is to help us effectively learn and be creative in different forms. It helps us navigate systems and different information using different types of technology. Some experiences I have had with Personal Learning Networks (PLNs) are social media platforms, online courses, and collaborative projects. Social media platforms allow me to engage with friends and experts from around the world continuing for my knowledge to grow. Online courses and collaborative projects have allowed me to further my education from being wherever I want in the world while continuing to learn. Some ways that I will develop and utilize my PLN through this course is I will engage with my peers and instructor, I will create and share content through this blog posting page, and I will continue to reflect and adapt on my learning during this whole time. I look forward to learning more while in this course!